The product is no longer available
Non - Domestic Heating, Cooling and Ventilation Compliance Guide (2006 Edition)
Date Published: May 2006
Stock Code: 57646
This guide provides guidance on the means of complying with the requirements of Part L (2006 regulations, now superseded by the 2010 regulations) for conventional space heating systems, hot water systems, cooling and ventilation systems in non-domestic buildings. Its sets out the minimum provisions for:
- efficiency of the plant that generates heat, hot water or cooling;
- controls to ensure that the system is not generating heat, hot water or cooling unnecessarily or excessively;
- other factors affecting the safety or energy efficiency of the system;
- insulation of pipes and ducts serving space heating, hot water and cooling systems; and
- acceptable specific fan power ratings for fans serving aire distribution systems
The guide also provides a set of additional measures which may improve the efficiency of the plant; these are non-prescriptive may be either required or optional depending on the type of plant.
References in the Approved Documents to Building Regulations 2000 (S.I. 2000/2531) are now out of date because the Regulations have been consolidated into a new instrument: Building Regulations 2010. The Explanatory Memorandum published with this new instrument advises that the Regulations have been renumbered. It contains a table showing how the old numbering corresponds to the new numbering. A copy of the Amendment document can be downloaded here.
Standing Order Service:
To ensure that you have the most up-to-date Approved Document or Amendment to an Approved Document to hand, you can now join our CAMPUS service. RIBA Bookshops will automatically send you copies of new releases as and when they are published. Visit our CAMPUS page for further details.
THE book for building services engineers for everyday reference on heating and air-conditioning design Includes updates to take into account...
£90.00Add to basket