£28.00Add to basket
|Price in Euros||€33.08|
|Price in USD||$36.06|
|Select your currency|
FREE UK Postage for online orders over £60Terms and conditions apply
RIBA Concise Building Contract 2014
The RIBA Concise Building Contract for all types of commercial building projects
Publisher: RIBA Publishing
Date Published: Nov 2014
Stock Code: 82644
Total votes: 6
The RIBA Concise Building Contract provides a simple yet fully comprehensive contract between an employer (the person or organisation that wants the construction project) and a contractor. It is suitable for all types of simple commercial building work. It is not suitable for non-commercial and domestic projects.
The RIBA Concise Building Contract is divided into three parts: the Agreement, the Contract Details and the Contract Conditions.
Administration of the contract
The RIBA Concise Building Contract is administrated by an architect or contract administrator. The employer may appoint an architect or contract administrator using the RIBA Concise Agreement.
Copies required for each Party
It is legally advisable that all parties to the contract each have an original signed version of the contract document (not a copy). Therefore you may need to purchase copies of this contract for both client/employer and contractor. Alternatively prepare your contract online enabling you to issue final copies of the contract to each party at no extra cost.
When to use this contract
- The RIBA Concise Building Contract is suitable for all types of simple commercial building work
- The RIBA Concise Building Contract is not suitable for non-commercial work, such as work done to the employer’s own home (use the RIBA Domestic Building Contract for domestic projects)
- Written in plain English that is succinct and easy to understand
- Fair and equitable terms for all parties
- Facilitates good management of the project from start to completion
- Allows effective collaboration between the employer and contractor
- Gives control over the timely completion of the building project
- Allows the contractor to design parts of the building project
- Includes provisions to collaborate with the contractor over events that may delay completion or add costs to the project
- Provides greater control over the project by allowing completion in sections
- Allows the employer to specify the supplier or sub-contractor of their choice
- Provides a straightforward method for dealing with changes to the project within specified timescales
- Provides comprehensive insurance provisions to cover the liabilities of both parties
- Provides a process for certifying the completion of a project and for managing any defects identified after completion
- Provides the flexibility to cover different modes of payment suitable for the commercial sector
- Provides a means to test and reject any defective work
- Provides a collateral warranty clause to secure the rights of funders and future purchasers or tenants
- Allows the parties to set out rules to govern applications for revision of time and/or extra payments
- Suitable for public sector employers with optional public sector clauses
Contract Administration Forms for the RIBA Building Contracts
A suite of 12 Contract Administration Forms has been developed to offer a simple and consistent way to administer the RIBA Building Contracts. The Contract Administration Forms can be completed electronically or by hand and are available to download free of charge from www.ribacontracts.com
Prepare a digital contract online with NBS
You can also prepare a RIBA Domestic or RIBA Concise Building Contract online with NBS. Preparing your contract online allows you to create, alter, manage, view and share all of your contracts before printing the final version of your contract.
This contract is part of a range of RIBA, JCT, NEC, ICC, FIDIC and other building contracts and forms available from RIBA Bookshops. For details of other building and construction contracts visit our Construction Contracts and Forms section.
Make sure you have the latest version of a contract, subscribe to our FREE Contracts and Management Publications Update service (CAMPUS).
The RIBA Domestic Building Contract: for all types of non-commercial work including renovations, extensions, maintenance and new buildings
£20.00Add to basket
This latest title from Sarah Lupton, best-selling author of construction contract guides, provides comprehensive guidance to the RIBA’s two...
£35.00Add to basket
Francis Ho, Head of Construction, Olswang
For short work contracts, there's a new sheriff in town called RIBA - plain talking, bold and ambitious.
The RIBA Concise Building Contract (CBC) starts strongly. A capacity to stipulate sectional completion, a programme, advanced and milestone payments, third party rights and collateral warranties are enterprising developments for small works agreement. Parties can even use a risk register.
The CBC tackles several of the Minor Works Building Contract's bugbears and does so, remarkably, all within 30 pages. The focus is on plain language. Intellectual Property is dealt with in 43 words, adjudication in 29.
The RIBA Contracts are user friendly and will appeal to those who regard construction contracts as inscrutable.
To read Francis Ho's full review please visit building.co.uk - please note you need to be a registered user in order to access the review
Gordon Maclaren, Course Leader Part 3, London Metropolitan University
Date Reviewed: January 2015
I am impressed by these contracts and have already started teaching with them using specimen contracts. I even asked an exam question about them
Post a Review
You need to be logged in to post a review
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
**JCT 2016 Edition Available Now** The JCT Contracts 2011 edition reflects new payment legislation and makes other changes which include: A... (more)
£33.41Add to basket