£10.00Add to basket
|Price in Euros||€11.55|
|Price in USD||$12.49|
|Select your currency|
FREE UK Postage for online orders over £60Terms and conditions apply
RIBA Domestic Building Contract 2014
The RIBA Domestic Building Contract: for all types of non-commercial work including renovations, extensions, maintenance and new buildings
Publisher: RIBA Publishing
Date Published: Nov 2014
Stock Code: 82643
Offers: This product is in the following offers:
Total votes: 10
The RIBA Domestic Building Contract provides a simple and clearly laid out contract between a customer (client) and a contractor. It is suitable for all types of non-commercial work, such as work done to the customer’s own home including renovations, extensions, maintenance and new buildings. The contract is endorsed by the HomeOwners Alliance.
Innovations in the RIBA Domestic Building Contract address areas that other small works contracts do not cover including provisions for naming a subcontractor and compliance with current consumer regulations. If you are using other small works contacts, particularly for domestic projects, check that they are suitable for your project. Our briefing document contains comparisons to other contracts available.
The RIBA Domestic Building Contract is divided into three parts: the Agreement, the Contract Details and the Contract Conditions.
Administration of the contract
The RIBA Domestic Building Contract is administered by an architect or contract administrator who the customer may appoint using the RIBA Domestic Project Agreement. In limited circumstances an experienced customer may act as the contract administrator.
Copies required for each Party
It is legally advisable that all parties to the contract each have an original signed version of the contract document (not a copy). Therefore you may need to purchase copies of this contract for both client/employer and contractor. Alternatively prepare your contract online enabling you to issue final copies of the contract to each party at no extra cost.
When to use this contract
- The RIBA Domestic Building Contract is suitable for all types of non-commercial work, such as work done to the customer’s own home (including renovations, extensions, maintenance and new buildings)
- The Contract is not suitable if the works are for a commercial purpose (use the RIBA Concise Building Contract for commercial projects)
- Written in plain English that is simple to understand
- Guidance notes to help complete the contract
- Provides an effective way of managing payments to the contractor
- Gives you control over the timely completion of the project
- Provisions for collaborating with the contractor over events that may delay completion or add costs to the project
- Allows different payment options to cover all parties’ needs
- Allows a named supplier or sub-contractor of your choice
- Allows the contractor to design parts of the building project
- Provides greater control over your building project by allowing completion in sections
- Provides a straightforward method for dealing with changes to the project within specified timescales
- Comprehensive insurance provisions offer peace of mind
- Provides a process for certifying the completion of the building project and for managing any defects identified after completion
Contract Administration Forms for the RIBA Building Contracts
A suite of 12 Contract Administration Forms has been developed to offer a simple and consistent way to administer the RIBA Building Contracts. The Contract Administration Forms can be completed electronically or by hand and are available to download free of charge from www.ribacontracts.com
Prepare a digital contract online with NBS
You can also prepare a RIBA Domestic or RIBA Concise Building Contract online with NBS. Preparing your contract online allows you to create, alter, manage, view and share all of your contracts before printing the final version of your contract.
This contract is part of a range of RIBA, JCT, NEC, ICC, FIDIC and other building contracts and forms available from RIBA Bookshops. For details of other building and construction contracts visit our Construction Contracts and Forms section.
Make sure you have the latest version of a contract, subscribe to our FREE Contracts and Management Publications Update service (CAMPUS).
The RIBA Concise Building Contract for all types of commercial building projects
Add to basket
This latest title from Sarah Lupton, best-selling author of construction contract guides, provides comprehensive guidance to the RIBA’s two...
Add to basket
Francis Ho, Head of Construction, Olswang
For short work contracts, there's a new sheriff in town called RIBA - plain talking, bold and ambitious. The Domestic Building Contract marks a steep upgrade on other Home Owners Contracts, which are suited to only basic projects. It is user-friendly and will appeal to those who regard construction contracts as inscrutable.
Read Francis Ho's full review at building.co.uk - please note you need to be a registered user in order to access the review
Gordon Maclaren, Course Leader Part 3, London Metropolitan University
Date Reviewed: January 2015
I am impressed by these contracts and have already started teaching with them using specimen contracts. I even asked an exam question about them
Post a Review
You need to be logged in to post a review
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
**JCT 2016 Edition Available Now** The JCT Contracts 2011 edition reflects new payment legislation and makes other changes which include: A... (more)
£33.41Add to basket